Testing upstream rdesktop against Win8 Pro, the mentioned patches doesn't seem
to be needed at all ?
I tested to connect using 16/24 bit depth and graphics works as expected, however the mouse pointer behaves strange hidden from start an appears later in a bad shape...
- Sound redirection works, however there is some delay causing audio
out of sync when testing a youtube clip.
- Smartcard redirection works, tested running tlclient in the remote desktop
and enumeration / pin works as expected. However there are something thats
not 100%, following message appears in terminal:
WARNING: Bogus smart card control code 0x00fd0028
- Printer redirection doesn't seem to work at all, not printer presented in
the session, i tried using redirection with specified printer driver that i
believe is existing one.
- Tested different resolutions and bit depths and it seems to work as expected
so the provided patches are not needed at all ?
- Tested the keyboard as is and it works as expected except: specifying keyboard
layout does not affect on the remote end. The provided patches implements fast
key path but that's not needed as far as i can tell. This is also reported in
a comment on the link to patches by third part.
- CredSSP not tested due to machine doesn't belong to a domain.
No response about this notes from upstream, closing as is.