www.cendio.com
Bug 5030 - Using a browser without websocket support ends up with strange errors in log.
: Using a browser without websocket support ends up with strange errors in log.
Status: CLOSED FIXED
: ThinLinc
Web Access
: trunk
: PC Unknown
: P2 Normal
: 4.2.0
Assigned To:
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2014-03-20 08:20 by
Modified: 2014-04-09 15:06 (History)
Acceptance Criteria:


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description From cendio 2014-03-20 08:20:14
2014-03-20 08:00:36 ERROR tlwebaccess[646]: code 404, message Path not found:
'/include/web-socket-js/web_socket.js'

Looks like we don't include and ship /include/web-socket-js part of noVNC and
we should probably have a local change that does not use these files.

Seems to be a part of a Flash websocket emulator...
------- Comment #1 From cendio 2014-03-28 10:57:52 -------
Fixed in the following commits:

Fixed error when screen_size is undefined - 28723 & 28732
Changed import syntax to shorten lines - 28739 & 28744
Remove flash websocket fallback code path - 28745
Display an error on the login-page when no WebSocket support - 28746
Display an error on the login-page when JS is disabled - 28748
------- Comment #2 From cendio 2014-03-28 11:06:10 -------
typo fix in 28749.
------- Comment #3 From cendio 2014-03-28 11:13:22 -------
another update in 28751.
------- Comment #4 From cendio 2014-04-01 16:56:04 -------
Tested using build 3410:

- using lynx, reports that javascript is disabled
- IE8, reports that websocket is not available.

However, two issues:

- The message when websocket is not available needs a rewrite, it very
  unclear what happend.

- The width style on <td> is not respected.. is it valid ?

- I can logon even if websocket is not supported and was presented a strange
page without styles from noVnc.
------- Comment #5 From cendio 2014-04-01 17:20:00 -------
Fixed in r28773, r28775 and r28776.

(In reply to comment #4)
> - The message when websocket is not available needs a rewrite, it very
>   unclear what happend.

r28776

> - The width style on <td> is not respected.. is it valid ?

r28773

> - I can logon even if websocket is not supported and was presented a strange
> page without styles from noVnc.

r28775
------- Comment #6 From cendio 2014-04-02 07:54:01 -------
(In reply to comment #5)
> Fixed in r28773, r28775 and r28776.
> 
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > - The message when websocket is not available needs a rewrite, it very
> >   unclear what happend.
> 
> r28776
> 

I would prefer something in line with;

"Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
client."

> > - The width style on <td> is not respected.. is it valid ?
> 
> r28773
> 

Tested using IE8, works as expected.

> > - I can logon even if websocket is not supported and was presented a strange
> > page without styles from noVnc.
> 
> r28775

The disable of login form works as expected but, it's only disabling the form
as long javascript is enabled. If i turn off javascript support i'm presented
with a message that HTML5 client requires JavaScript but i can continue to
login and lands on the same strange page as mentioned earlier..
------- Comment #7 From cendio 2014-04-02 08:14:06 -------
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > Fixed in r28773, r28775 and r28776.
> > 
> > (In reply to comment #4)
> > > - The message when websocket is not available needs a rewrite, it very
> > >   unclear what happend.
> > 
> > r28776
> > 
> 
> I would prefer something in line with;
> 
> "Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
> client."
> 

I also think that the javascript messages should be in same manner...


> > > - The width style on <td> is not respected.. is it valid ?
> > 
> > r28773
> > 
> 
> Tested using IE8, works as expected.
> 
> > > - I can logon even if websocket is not supported and was presented a strange
> > > page without styles from noVnc.
> > 
> > r28775
> 
> The disable of login form works as expected but, it's only disabling the form
> as long javascript is enabled. If i turn off javascript support i'm presented
> with a message that HTML5 client requires JavaScript but i can continue to
> login and lands on the same strange page as mentioned earlier..
------- Comment #8 From cendio 2014-04-02 10:21:31 -------
Fixed in commits 28779 - 28783.

(In reply to comment #6)
> I would prefer something in line with;
> 
> "Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
> client."

r28779 and r28782

> The disable of login form works as expected but, it's only disabling the form
> as long javascript is enabled. If i turn off javascript support i'm presented
> with a message that HTML5 client requires JavaScript but i can continue to
> login and lands on the same strange page as mentioned earlier..

r28781

(In reply to comment #7)
> > I would prefer something in line with;
> > 
> > "Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
> > client."
> I also think that the javascript messages should be in same manner...

r28780 and r28783
------- Comment #9 From cendio 2014-04-03 07:45:05 -------
(In reply to comment #1)
> Display an error on the login-page when no WebSocket support - 28746

I have noticed that when testing for websocket support it is actually creating
a connection to echo.websocket.org which is a big no-no.. Maybe we are doing
the checks wrong or we need to host our own websocket service which is used for
testing WS support.
------- Comment #10 From cendio 2014-04-04 13:37:27 -------
(In reply to comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #1)
> > Display an error on the login-page when no WebSocket support - 28746
> 
> I have noticed that when testing for websocket support it is actually creating
> a connection to echo.websocket.org which is a big no-no.. Maybe we are doing
> the checks wrong or we need to host our own websocket service which is used for
> testing WS support.

Fixed in commit 28802.
------- Comment #11 From cendio 2014-04-04 16:12:01 -------
Updated in commit 28804, now testing against 127.0.0.1:4 instead of port 1,
port 4 is unassigned according to
https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt
------- Comment #12 From cendio 2014-04-09 15:02:31 -------
(In reply to comment #11)
> Updated in commit 28804, now testing against 127.0.0.1:4 instead of port 1,
> port 4 is unassigned according to
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt

Tested using build 4318, works as expected.
------- Comment #13 From cendio 2014-04-09 15:03:07 -------
(In reply to comment #8)
> Fixed in commits 28779 - 28783.
> 
> (In reply to comment #6)
> > I would prefer something in line with;
> > 
> > "Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
> > client."
> 
> r28779 and r28782
> 
> > The disable of login form works as expected but, it's only disabling the form
> > as long javascript is enabled. If i turn off javascript support i'm presented
> > with a message that HTML5 client requires JavaScript but i can continue to
> > login and lands on the same strange page as mentioned earlier..
> 
> r28781
> 
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > > I would prefer something in line with;
> > > 
> > > "Your browser do not support WebSockets which is required to use the HTML5
> > > client."
> > I also think that the javascript messages should be in same manner...
> 
> r28780 and r28783

Tested using build 4318, works as expected.