Bugzilla – Bug 7140
rdesktop does poor window placement on reconnect
Last modified: 2019-02-07 15:52:29
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Whenever rdesktop reconnects it recreates the main window. This unfortunately
has a lot of weird and user unfriendly side effects when we need to reconnect
in order to resize:
- The window often jumps up to +0+0
- Maximize doesn't always work
- "Docking" the window to the right (taking up half the screen) ends up being
docked to the left
- Toggling in and out of fullscreen, maximize or docked doesn't remember the
- Sometimes it is impossible to get out of maximize (seen with Unity)
This is mainly a problem with Windows 2008 as the modern versions of Windows
Server supports resizing without reconnect.
Also see bug 1052 which is probably need to solve the cases concerning
rdesktop (and associated tools) is being removed from the ThinLinc product.