www.cendio.com
Bug 4938 - Session resize SSO fails with wts 2003 but works with 2008
: Session resize SSO fails with wts 2003 but works with 2008
Status: CLOSED FIXED
: ThinLinc
rdesktop
: 4.1.1
: PC Unknown
: P2 Normal
: 4.2.0
Assigned To:
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-12-11 11:15 by
Modified: 2014-05-05 13:18 (History)
Acceptance Criteria:


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description From 2013-12-11 11:15:21
With 2003 server i need to enter a password after aknowledging the dialog that
tells that the password is incorrect. Testing against windows 2008 works as
expected.
------- Comment #1 From cendio 2014-01-09 07:49:01 -------
In november/december there were a few reports about reconnecting to a rdp
session being fronted with a black screen, end user had to end existing session
before connection.

After a few test it shows that the black screen disappears after 5-10 seconds
and a logging screen is presented to the end user. This indicates there is a
problem with pending resize and using the cookie for reconnect.

Before holidays i tested out 4.0.0, 4.1.0, 4.1.1 and all suffered from the same
behavior, this is not a regression in ThinLinc and indicates that something has
changed.

The customer did some investigation and couldn't find the terminal license
server that was used, probably this was gone with some server in the novell to
AD migration.

Anyway, customer have configured a new license server with new fresh licenses
and they should retest and see if the main problem persist.
------- Comment #2 From cendio 2014-02-07 16:29:35 -------
I was able to trig this error when running Windows 2003R2 and SSL, worked all
good with plain RDP. This is fixed in upstream commit r1787. There were also
another problem introduced in commit r1766 that was fixed in r1786.
------- Comment #3 From cendio 2014-02-07 16:55:21 -------
Fixed in vendordrop 28387
------- Comment #4 From cendio 2014-02-19 09:23:34 -------
I have retested the latest changes at customer site, it's still a problem with
2003r2 using plain RDP. The difference between in my test setup and the
customers setup is that the customer is using temporary licenses while in my
setup I used per-device licenses.
------- Comment #5 From cendio 2014-02-19 10:51:37 -------
(In reply to comment #4)
> I have retested the latest changes at customer site, it's still a problem with
> 2003r2 using plain RDP. The difference between in my test setup and the
> customers setup is that the customer is using temporary licenses while in my
> setup I used per-device licenses.

Upstream commit r1789 implements handling of data PDU
TS_AUTORECONNECT_STATUS_PDU which is a error sent by server. This error
indicates that auto-reconnect using ARC_CS_PRIVATE_PACKET (auto-reconnect
cookie) sent from client failed. And the result is that the logon dialog is
displayed.
------- Comment #6 From cendio 2014-02-19 11:19:49 -------
(In reply to comment #2)
> I was able to trig this error when running Windows 2003R2 and SSL, worked all
> good with plain RDP. This is fixed in upstream commit r1787. There were also
> another problem introduced in commit r1766 that was fixed in r1786.

To clarify the problem at the customers site, problem appears using 2003r2 and
plain RDP but with 2008r2 servers using SSL auto reconnect works as expected.
------- Comment #7 From cendio 2014-02-20 11:31:02 -------
(In reply to comment #4)
> I have retested the latest changes at customer site, it's still a problem with
> 2003r2 using plain RDP. The difference between in my test setup and the
> customers setup is that the customer is using temporary licenses while in my
> setup I used per-device licenses.

Clarification, in my setup i have _temporary_ per-device licenses and at
customers site there are _temporary_ per-user licenses.
------- Comment #8 From cendio 2014-02-21 15:18:16 -------
Reinstalled a Windows 2003r2 Server, freshly update. Enabled remote desktop
service (Not using a server role). Tried to reproduce the problem but failed.
------- Comment #9 From cendio 2014-02-21 15:34:16 -------
(In reply to comment #8)
> Reinstalled a Windows 2003r2 Server, freshly update. Enabled remote desktop
> service (Not using a server role). Tried to reproduce the problem but failed.

Installed a TS lincese server and configure per user. Failed to reproduce the
problem.
------- Comment #10 From cendio 2014-02-21 15:41:11 -------
(In reply to comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #8)
> > Reinstalled a Windows 2003r2 Server, freshly update. Enabled remote desktop
> > service (Not using a server role). Tried to reproduce the problem but failed.
> 
> Installed a TS lincese server and configure per user. Failed to reproduce the
> problem.

I can't seem to be reproducing this issue at all, we need to consider that the
servers at customers are broken in any way. In this case the customer has
uninstalled the Novell klient and migrated the servers into a new AD. There
might be stuff left playing us a trick on this bug.
------- Comment #11 From cendio 2014-05-05 13:18:33 -------
2008R2 and 2012R2 tested on bug 4847. Also tested 2003R2 from SLED11 now. Works
fine.