The Linux remote desktop server built on open source technology.
ThinLinc is a mature remote desktop solution for Linux that allows access to applications and desktops from anywhere. It can be used to access a remote system, as if it was local. ThinLinc is used at HPC centers around the world to provide researchers and students easy access to HPC systems.
ThinLinc is highly customizable ...
This article outlines 10 high-level reasons for using ThinLinc to enable interactive High-Performance Computing. Some of the reasons are very specific to using ThinLinc as a way to access an HPC system, while others apply to any use case of ThinLinc. If you have questions or would like to learn more about using ThinLinc ...
MATLAB is a computational platform used in many fields of science to run simulations, analyze data and develop models and algorithms. Thanks to the large number of toolboxes available in MATLAB, it has been popular both in industry and in academia. Companies and institutions of higher education are using MATLAB ...
We estimate that more than 150000 students, workers, and all sorts of different people access Linux computers located somewhere with the help of ThinLinc. It does not matter if their computers are desktops, laptops, thin terminals, Raspberries, or NUCs, nor if they use Windows, macOS, or ...
A big variety of technologies are available to provide access to Linux machines remotely. A number of words are related to this topic, such as rdp client, vnc servers, ssh, x11, pulse audio, port forwarding, and much more. There are as well a lot of other components that are relevant to this discussion ...
Several film production studios, including VFX, have been using ThinLinc as a tool to provide secure internet connections to thousands of production workers. The setup is known as browser isolation and is required by the Moving Pictures Association (MPA) through the...
Commonly the ThinLinc native client is installed locally on regular Windows, macOS, and Linux desktops computers as a way to provide VNC access to Linux Remote Desktops. While this method is predominant and cost-effective, as it allows for easy deployment on existing devices, there is an alternative deployment...
Both VNC and ThinLinc are tools used for remote desktop sessions in Linux. While VNC (Virtual Network Computing) is just the name of the famous open source protocol for remote desktop connections, ThinLinc is a "server/client" solution...
ThinLinc is made up of several tightly integrated opensource components, all held together by a small amount of proprietary "glue". Roughly 80% of ThinLinc is opensource, with the remaining 20% consisting of things like administrative tools, licensing, and automation. These proprietary and open-source components work together in order to create a functioning system.