Last updated: March 24, 2022
Aside from the policies described here, additional privacy policies apply to the personal information:
an individual makes available to Cendio in connection with a recruitment process. Individuals in our recruitment processes should direct questions about privacy practices to our human resource contact.
What data do we collect?
Cendio collects the following data:
- IP address (and data derived from your IP address, country, and zip code). This data might be obtained when you visit our website or when using our ThinLinc Client software.
- Personal identification information (name, company affiliation, email address, etc.). This data might be obtained when you are in contact with us via email.
Personal information, other than the IP address, collected by the ThinLinc Client software can not, and will not, be accessed by Cendio. This information collected by the ThinLinc Client is only sent to the machine running the ThinLinc Server software.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website.
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Contact us via email with questions or for technical support.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Start the ThinLinc Client with the "Check for client updates" choice enabled in the ThinLinc Client options.1
1. When this option is enabled, your IP address is sent to us. The option can be disabled in the ThinLinc Client options.
How will we use your data?
We use the information we obtain to:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing, and improving our products and services).
- Perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and customer segmentation).
- Communicate with you about important software security announcements or software updates.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Cendio securely stores your data at our premises in Linköping, Sweden. Our engineers continuously work to ensure our storage systems are fully updated and secured according to the latest industry standards.
Cendio will keep your personal identification information for as long as necessary to provide for Cendio's legitimate and essential business purposes, such as:
- maintaining our support service
- making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings
- complying with our legal obligations
- resolving disputes
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Cendio for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cendio correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cendio to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cendio erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cendio restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cendio's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cendio transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or write to us:Teknikringen 8
SE - 583 30 Linköping
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Cendio uses these first-party cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what location you are in.
- Analysis – Cendio uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and instructions on how to remove cookies from your browser can be found at allaboutcookies.org. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:Teknikringen 8
SE - 583 30 Linköping