ThinLinc 4.12.1 Release Notes
Cendio are proud to present ThinLinc 4.12.1, which is a minor release with bug fixes for the previous version.
All existing users of ThinLinc 4.12.0 are encouraged to upgrade to this release immediately. License files that are valid for 4.12.0 are also valid for this release so updated license files are not required for such installations.
ThinLinc works on most modern Linux distributions and is supported on any platform that fulfils our documented requirements.
Changes in This Release
In the list below, the bug number is given in parentheses. For more information, visit https://www.cendio.com/bugzilla/.
- Fixed an issue where the ThinLinc services on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 did not start after an upgrade of ThinLinc. (7526)
- Fixed several issues where an agent could be marked as down forever if the ThinLinc master or agent service was started before the network was up. This could happen, for example, during a reboot. (7531, 7632)
- Fixed an issue where ThinLinc Setup would fail to automatically install requirements because it was ignoring variables in /etc/dnf/vars and /etc/yum/vars. (7590)
- Fixed an issue where ThinLinc Setup could not automatically install the required dependencies on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15. (7612)
- Fixed an issue where clipboard transfers between the ThinLinc client and the ThinLinc session could not be disabled. (7548)
- The master will now re-check unresponsive agents if a user tries to create a new session and all agents are currently marked as unresponsive. (4243)
- Fixed an issue where clipboard transfers between the ThinLinc client and the ThinLinc session could only handle ASCII characters. Both the client and the server must be upgraded to fully resolve the issue. (7563)
- Fixed an issue where the ThinLinc client would only show empty windows when used on macOS 11. (7539)
- The client will now remember all available SSH host keys from the server, not just the one used for authenticating the server. This simplifies future deployment of new SSH host keys. Note that this requires using OpenSSH 6.8 or newer as the SSH server. (7536)
- Fixed an issue on recent Wayland systems where non-ASCII characters were incorrectly handled in the clipboard. (7627)
ThinLinc Web Access
- Fixed an issue where all active Web Access sessions would be disconnected if the Web Access service was restarted. (7578)
- Fixed an issue where ThinLinc Setup would throw an error when starting the ThinLinc Web Administration service without a password configured. (7528)
ThinLinc has also been enhanced in many other ways. The complete list of corrected issues is:
4243, 4716, 7450, 7526, 7528, 7531, 7532, 7536, 7539, 7548, 7563, 7565, 7578, 7590, 7603, 7612, 7627